Tuesday, August 7, 2012

An Example of Very Poor Customer Service

Below is an incident a colleague shared with me.  He was looking for some funny ads he heard a car dealership had and when he went to the website to search for them  he was greeted by a representative who engaged him in an online conversation.

Can you say lack of customer service 101?  And what is with "Alright"?


Catherine] May I help you find what you're looking for?


[Visitor] No thank you I was looking to find your ads..I was told they are funny

[Catherine] My name is Catherine. May I please have your name so I know who I’m chatting with?

[Visitor] Mario

[Catherine] Hello Mario! How may I help you?

[Visitor] Like I said I heard you had funny ads and I was looking on your website to see if they were there

[Catherine] Alright! Are you also planning on buying a vehicle soon?

[Visitor] Nno

[Catherine] Alright! Thank you for chatting with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance. Take care!

[Visitor] So because I am not buying a car, that's it? What would have been really cool is if you could have told me where I could find those ads.

[Catherine] Okay. I would need to verify that with our Internet Manager to be sure and get back to you with the details regarding any ads that we may have. Would that work for you, Mario?

[Visitor] No thats okay......and you are only doing it because of my remark...maybe next time you won't be so quick to dismiss someone..have a good day

[Catherine] Alright. I apologize for that. Would there be anything else I may help you with?

[Visitor] Catherine, I appreciate it your time. Have a good day.

[Catherine] You're most welcome, Mario. It’s been nice chatting with you. Thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance. Have a great day ahead!

No comments: