1. A full functioning website your brother in law didn't design.
2. An advertising budget that doesn't consist of the yellow pages only.
3. An advertising budget that consists of more than a couple of weeks at Christmas.
4. How about an advertising budget period!
5. An advertising message that is compelling and engaging not one that is all, we-we and me-me!
6. A real live person answering your phones.
7. Staff in customer service that don't look like a pin cushion.
9. As tempting as it may be, don't let an advertising salesperson convince you that you should be or do your own ads.
10. Ask your kid if he believes what your ads say.
11. Don't cheapen out on things that will help grow your business (training) and cheapen out on toys you think you need for your business ($900 automobile lease).
12. Lead by example. It's your business. Don't let the patients run the asylum. That's how you get the, "it's not my job" mentality.
And to all a good night.